Data Collection Hightlights
10356 Monophonic Songs
Folksong Collection: 8473 folksongs encoded by Helmut Schaffrath.
Largest categories are Germany
(5365 songs), and China
(2246 songs). Remaining songs are from other parts of
Europe (848), the
and Africa (1).
- 1000 songs encoded by Daimen Sagrillo:
- 373 Native American songs collected by Frances Densmore:
- Sioux Music
Bulletin 61, Smithsonian Institution, Bureau of American Ethnology, 1918
- Pawnee Music
Bulletin 93, Smithsonian Institution, Bureau of American Ethnology, 1926
- Chippewa [Ojibway] Music
Bulletin 45, Smithsonian Institution, Bureau of American Ethnology, 1909
(42 songs). [see also].
- 152 songs from Nova Scotia, Canada, collected by Helen Creighton
- 80 songs from the Friuli region in north-eastern Italy.
- 67 pentatonic songs
- 53 British children's songs
- 38 songs by Stephen Foster
- 35 songs by Franz Schubert
- 31 Chinese folksongs
- 29 songs by George Gershwin
- 24 African songs
Other keyboard music